About Bearfoot's Nature-Based Social Groups
Bearfoot OT’s nature-based social group’s comprehensive curriculum is based on the Social Thinking work of Michelle Garcia Winner, which is appropriate for many different age groups. The curriculum reflects the belief that children can become more socially competent if they understand how the social world works and why specific goals are important in different contexts. Bearfoot OT takes these social lessons and practices their application through outdoor nature play with peers, using the natural environment to help enhance the experience and provide opportunities for creative, problem solving, sensory rich fun!
Every group is individualized based on the participants but always targets perspective taking, nonverbal language, conversation skills, and monitoring our behaviors and sensory regulation through play. All groups are led by a skilled pediatric occupational therapist that is trained to help children with the development of social skills, motor skills and sensory processing.
Groups are held outdoors in rain or shine!
Nature-Based Social Group
- children ages 9-11
- meets at China Camp in San Rafael
- 10 week series
- meets weekly on Wednesdays (3:45-5:15 pm) rain or shine!
- group starts on January 15th and ends on March 25th (no session February 19th)
- Price: $1,200 which includes:
review of intake paperwork
scoring of assessments
establishment of therapeutic goals
ten 90-minute group sessions
progress note at the conclusion of the group
*Due to the social nature of the group, a commitment to the entire 10-week series is required*
A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to enroll your child
4 SIMPLE steps to register:
1. Click the button above and fill out the Registration Form
2. Bearfoot will contact you within 24 hours to schedule an intake call
3. Send in your deposit (Bearfoot will send an invoice)
4. That's it!